Built by John Sturdevant in 1846, this is a rare example of a free-standing masonry home built south of Liberty Street before 1850. It was the first home to front the new square, and then was one of the first homes saved in the 1960’s, whose renovation included the pink Georgia granite that graces the front stoop today. On a double lot, the western side garden allowed for the inclusion of a south facing pool in the rear, as well as covered off street parking and access to the three level elevator on the eastern exposure. Other significant features include 12’ ceilings,Mahogany banisters, Egyptian black and gold marble mantles that grace the classic double parlor, and original plaster medallions. In a city full of good addresses, this one is among the best, central to all shopping, dining, and entertainment. Currently a vacation rental powerhouse with two licenses, it is ready to become a show-stopping single family home, retaining the very best of the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.